Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Apple Cider Pancakes/ Waffles

Oh man, you're gonna love these! You can do them as pancakes or you can pour the batter onto a waffle iron and make them waffles! It works, I tried it :)
They smell so good when they are cooking.
Apple Cider Pancakes

1cp flour
1/2cp old fashioned oats
2tsp baking powder
3TBS brown sugar
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
1 egg
1cp apple cider
1 tsp vanilla extract

Whisk the dry ingredients (flour through nutmeg).
Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until just combined.
Heat frying pan or griddle and melt some butter or no stick spray.
Pour 1/4cp (more or less) of batter on pan and fry until bubbles appear.
Flip and cook a minute more.

I had some left over cider frosting from a cake I made last week so I put a slab of that on top when serving- good stuff!

For the frosting, I followed the recipe here: http://www.ahintofhoney.com/2009/10/caramel-apple-layer-cake-with-apple.html
Of course, if you're just wanting some for the pancakes, reduce the recipe by A LOT!

1 comment:

Have a thought? Tell me! I love to hear them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...