Monday, October 24, 2011

DIY T-Shirt Refashion

I started with a too big T-shirt that had a collar right up to my neck! Wait til you see what I did with it..
To start, take off the collar and cut the neckline in the shape you want (but about a half inch above where you want it to lay). Then, fold the fabric over 1/4 inch all around the neckline. Fold over again 1/4 inch and sew.

Gaston LeChat wants to help..
Be sure to do the same thing to the back side of the neckline that you did with the front. Fold over twice and sew. I just sewed the back straight across.

Next step is to take out the stitches in the sides all the way up to the sleeves. Turn the shirt inside out and restitch the sides so it fits you. I put the shirt on and pinned it where I wanted to sew.
I used the fabric that I cut out of the collar to make a ruffle. Ruffles are easy to make and dress everything up a little!
To make one, run a row of stitches through one long end of the fabric then hold one end of the thread and push the fabric down so it bunches up. Easy right?

 
After making the ruffle, I pinned it where I wanted it on the shirt and sewed it on.

And here it is! So pretty. I might even put some ruffles around the edges of the sleeves too..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Tell me! I love to hear them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...