Monday, September 5, 2011

Movie Monday!!

I don't have a movie for you this week because I have started watching the Mad Men television series.  I've been wanting to see it for awhile now since I have heard so much about it.  So far, it is pretty interesting.

Also sucking up my movie time this week is the book I picked up entitled "Jezebel: The Untold Story of the Bible's Harlot Queen." It is a fascinating read by Lesley Hazleton. I just need to dig out a bible and start cross referencing things because she is working from the Hebrew version of the book of Kings in addition to  other historical resources and records available.

While Jezebel was no angel, it seems she also was not a harlot in the literal sense of the word. Apparently, even her name was changed in the writing as a play on words that modified the meaning of it! According to this book, her real name was Itha-baal or "woman of the Lord" in her language but in Hebrew she was known as I-zevel ( woman of dung) which was written in Greek as Jezebel. How ironic!

I should have an actual movie to discuss next week. I'm picking up some good ones tonight, as a matter of fact.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I just finished the first season and I can't wait to pick up the next one! It's really good!

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Tell me! I love to hear them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...