Monday, April 16, 2012

Dipped Apple Slice Pancakes

This is so cool. I dipped apple slices like the ones seen above (cut out the core in the center) in pancake batter and fried them up!

My pancake batter went as follows:
1cp flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1TBS splenda
ground cinnamon to taste-
I used a lot, probably 1 TBS at least.

Blend these ingredients with a whisk then add 3/4 cp milk.

Pay no attention to the mess..

Melt butter/margerine/ spray in flat bottomed frying pan/skillet and dip the apple slices so they are covered on both sides.

I used a fork to scoop them up out of the batter onto the pan.

 When you see bubbles in the batter, it's time to flip them and cook the other side.

Instead of syrup, I spread apple butter over the tops of them and it was soooo good!

Add caption

10 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! Where did you get the idea to do that??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a picture on Pinterest! Are you on Pinterest?

      Delete
  2. Mmmm deeelish! I love this idea! My fam would definately like it too! Thanks for sharing :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome! I am totally going to make these for breakfast tomorrow. :) Thank you for sharing.... found you on BlogFrog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made these on Saturday and they were AWESOME! I loved them especially - kids like them OK but they are not always willing to try new things. Great idea!

      Delete
    2. Awesome!! Thanks for telling me :)I'll be posting more fun pancake recipes for sure. The kiddos might like the blueberry pie pancakes better (those are my most popular ones especially with ice cream on top!)

      Delete
  4. oh yum!!! I love this idea! thank you!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Tell me! I love to hear them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...