Monday, August 1, 2011

Movie Monday!! Gigi

 I totally scored an extra point or two for womankind this weekend when I introduced no less than one man to my all time favorite musical...and he actually LIKED it!! He was laughing along, enjoying the witty lyrics, and even got a kick out of all the wild hats those French ladies wore. LOL. He was a bit resistant when I first suggested this movie but I think he feels much better about it now.. that or he's a really good faker ;)

  Gigi is the story of girl being raised by her poor grandmother (Hermione Gingold) in France who goes to "lessons" at her well-to-do Aunt's house to learn to be a lady.  The very eligible and very wealthy Gaston Lachailles (Louis Jordan) is a friend of the family who happens to be there when she blossoms from gawky teenager to a beautiful young woman. But Gigi (Leslie Caron) is more interested in the things that money can not bring her.  Gaston's young at heart Uncle (Maurice Chevallier) brings humor and gaiety to the story as he constantly has a new "heavenly creature" on his arm and a twinkle in his eye.

  The Lerner and Loewe songs are not to be missed. The lyrics are witty and clever, rhymed, and are able to express a wide range of emotion in the most delightful way! This movie always gets a thumbs up in my book! In fact, it is a staple in my video closet.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love it. My guy loves Niagara so he's a keeper! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. oOo! That's another good one! Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Tell me! I love to hear them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...