Friday, August 19, 2011

Swing Time!

On Wednesday, I went to my first Swing Demo at the Community Hospital!  I met many seasoned dancers and was lead through some really cool moves!  Dancing on bricks instead of a smooth dancefloor took some getting used to but once I got the hang of it, it was smooth sailing!

Going into it, I honestly did not know what to expect at one of these functions but I had a great time and was made to feel very welcome among this group of dancers. That's the best part (aside from the dancing) about the dance community- they've never met a stranger!


Here are some of the pictures I took of the dancers!  There was a live band and the patients were lining the lawn in large numbers. I wish I had taken some shots of the faces on the patients watching! They were priceless..


I really thought it was sweet that the nurses were going around and interacting with the patients holding their hands or trying to get them to dance a little- even if they were in wheelchairs the nurse would dance around the chair! So precious!


This was a truly rewarding experience being able to bring joy to those people simply by doing something that brings me great joy! I can't wait to do it again next year.


Of course, this post would not be complete if I didn't show off my new used shoes in which I blissfully danced away the night! No really, I danced from 7pm until 1am.. Pass the advil please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Tell me! I love to hear them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...