Thursday, February 2, 2012

Shabby Chic Banner of Love

This week I've been working on this love-ly banner for Valentine's Day, get it? lol.
How pretty this could be hanging across a mantel or in a window!

I cut 4 hearts out of a thin cardboard- cereal boxes would work.

Then covered them with music papers. As you can see, I stuck some torn bits of tissue paper in along the edges of some of the pieces.

The letters were drawn on to the extra cardboard (pretty good for freehand, huh?) and cut out with that red cutter-majig(try googling that 5 times fast!) tool in the picture. Paint them black and they're ready to go!

Accordion folds! Ribbon scraps!

I love the gorgeous tissue paper carnation on the "L" heart. Hmmm..could be an awesome tutorial coming soon!

These hearts have been glitter bombed! I punched a hole in the top so I could tie the mini bell on the "V"


The newspaper pinwheels were a nice touch. Another tutorial possibility...What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Tell me! I love to hear them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...