Friday, July 8, 2011

So for the birthday boy last weekend,
 we had a Skittlelicious chocolate cake!

(He got a HUGE bag of skittles as one of his presents and sacrificed some of them for this delicious cake)

We didn't have any birthday candles so Amy found the best substitute-- a sparkler!




After our friends had let us stay with them all weekend and were such amazing hosts, a great big Thank You note was in order. So I cooked this up with some cardstock, construction paper, lots of glue and plenty of sentiment!

I got crafty and made this key holder as an extra special birthday present.  My inspiration came from a book of Papercrafts where they had a similar design made with patterned papers.  But mine is done by freehand painting with acrylic paints on the wooden sign.

I actually had a lot of fun making it!

So tell me, what have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Tell me! I love to hear them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...