Monday, October 31, 2011

Candy Corn Cupcakes for Halloween!!

So here it is...the long awaited Halloween goodies I promised you all. Candy corn cupcakes!!
Ingredients: 1 box white cake mix
1cp. sour cream
1/2 cp vegetable oil
3eggs
1tsp almond extract
1/2tsp each of yellow and orange food coloring
white frosting-homemade or store bought(I have a link for frosting recipes below)

Put everything except the food coloring and frosting in aa medium bowl and stir until combined.

Put 1/2 of the batter into another bowl. Mix yellow food color into one bowl and orange into the other bowl.
Put cupcake liners in the cupcake pan and fill 1/3 of each cup with yellow batter. Try to smooth out the top so the layers will be nice and even.
Put some of the orange batter on top of the yellow. These cupcakes rose nicely. I filled the cups about 2/3 of the way.

Bake them for about 20 minutes at 350F . A toothpick inserted in the middle will come out clean if you are not sure. Let them cool before attempting to frost.


I'm fussy about frosting so I mixed up a nice, light vanilla frosting but here's a link to several different frosting recipes you can try:
http://www.cupcakeproject.com/p/my-ten-favorite-frostings.html
She has 10 delicious looking varieties there! YUMMO!
OMG! They are soooo Boo-tiful! I could even put a little candy corn on top for extra flair!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Tell me! I love to hear them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...