Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hemming too long jeans for Rosie the Riveter costume

I decided to be Rosie the Riveter for the Halloween dance and found these awesome sailor cut jeans while thrifting but they were waaaaaay too long! Oh no! says I, what shall I do? Take the hem up, of course.

This is what they looked like when I was done with them. Ahhhh.. much better! No tripping on myself while dancing! um, well no tripping on my pants anyway..

It was so easy! I have to admit, I was nervous never having done this before and all. But really, all I did was fold the cuff up and pin it. Then sew just beneath the original hem stitches (about where the pin is in the pic).

All that's left is to fold the original hem back down over the part that I stitched and iron it! Easy right?

There's Rosie on the left- but you knew that ;)

All the costumes were pretty fantastic but the Queen of Hearts was by far my favorite!
Have a safe Halloween weekend and be watching for my next post (trust me, it will be delicious, wink, wink).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Tell me! I love to hear them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...