Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lemon Blueberry Bars!!

Summer weather is coming to a close here in NY but we had a glorious Indian Summer this week that made me want some blueberries.
So, in defiance of the coming cold, I made a special summery treat :) Take That!!

It was so yummy that I have to share it with all of you, of course.
My Lemon Blueberry Bars/ Snack cake
You will need:
1/2 cp butter (soft)
2tsp lemon extract
1 cp sugar + some extra to sprinkle on top
1 egg
1tsp vanilla extract
2cp flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1tsp cinnamon
2cp blueberries
1/2cp buttermilk

Preheat the oven to 350 F
Cream butter, lemon extract, and sugar together in a large bowl.
Add egg and vanilla.
Whisk 1 & 3/4cp of flour with the baking powder and salt.
Add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk.
In another bowl, toss blueberries with remaining 1/4 cp flour and cinnamon.
Fold berries into batter.
Grease a baking pan(s)- I used an 8x8 square pan and a circular cake pan because that's what I had available and there was too much for just the one pan.
Sprinkle with sugar.
Bake for 35 min.
Check doneness with a toothpick or knife inserted in center. If it comes out clean, it's done!
Let cool 10 min before cutting.
They are so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Tell me! I love to hear them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...